Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Quilt Blocks and Adventures at Whole Foods

Finally had time to get some photos of the wool BOM that I am working on from Primitive Gatherings

It's hand-dyed wool on flannel. I am using varigated Valdani pearl cotton thread. Check out the whole quilt at their website. The borders are unbelievable!


I had a wonderful trip to Whole Foods today. You know and I know that you should never grocery shop when you are hungry. I remind myself of this as I walk in the store. And then I think "I'll have three of everything!" OK veggies and fruit first (remember it's January and everyone must eat better). Salad, carrots, bananas go in the cart.
Look at these beautiful apples from Washington state. They are called "Ambroisa". What a wonderful color. Go and search these out if you like sweet apples. They are really sweet and not quite as crunchy as I like but if you are craving sweets, eat one of these.
I love Whole Foods and farmer's markets because you see fruit and veggies that you never see in a regular store but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw these:

It's called a Buddah's hand lemon (image from Wikipedia). Does anyone know what to do with these???!!!??? I was going to buy one just for fun but figured it would scare me to death whenever I opened the fridge....

OK doing great with the good-for-you food, I'm on a roll (no don't buy the rolls because all you'll do is eat them with butter and maybe some peach preserves--move quickly by the rolls). I've got fat-free yogurt, granola, green tea, cat food, and by now I am starving and nearly to the end of the store when I see these:


...and they are 1/2 off...

They probably only have half the calories now because they are 1/2 off right. And I really only want one....

well maybe two. In the cart they go and I am definitely going to share these....

after I have two....

And maybe one for breakfast.

No comments: