Saturday, July 7, 2012

Morpheus' Quilt Finished


The quilt top was finished back in September 2009.  My best beloved cat Morpheus helped me make it in this post.   A while after Morph passed away last September, I gave it to my local long-arm quilter to quilt the top.  I had her add Morpheus' name and dates to the bottom border.   

Border reads:  Morpheus J. ____ August 1994 -- 4 September 2011

scrappy back

It took a long time to sew the binding.  Maybe because it made me so sad.  I miss my beloved cat Morpheus every day.  And I love that I have a memorial quilt to wrap up in.

6 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I love that Morpheus is part of this quilt. It is so hard to say goodbye to these furry ones.....

Michelle said...

What a great way to remember Morpheus. He'll always be part of your family. Hugs.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Oh Gretchen, This quilt is so gorgeous!!! What a wonderful way to remember your wonderful Morpheus. Big Hugs...

Unknown said...

What a great idea to have Morph stitched into the quilt. It is beautiful and someday you will be able to snuggle under it-perhaps in October!!

dianne said...

i miss Morpheus, too - on a cold winter night, he would have loved snuggling with you in his quilt ... sniff ... sob ... last year was so awful for you ... but this year is gonna be much, much better...

dianne said...

i miss Morpheus, too - on a cold winter night, he would have loved snuggling with you in his quilt ... sniff ... sob ... last year was so awful for you ... but this year is gonna be much, much better...