Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July!  Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

I predict a rather lazy and quiet 4th of July here.  Right now all the cats are sleeping and I'm still drinking coffee and reading blogs.

Flag is flying from the porch, although our little town has had to cancel the parade once again because there is no money to have a parade.  I miss seeing all the kids on their decorated bikes and waving to the firefighters who saved my house last year.

Fridge is stocked with BBQ, watermelon, strawberries, cole slaw, and I don't have to cook (hooray!)

I'll be firing up the Bernina today and getting some sewing time in.  Betsy Ross would approve.



4 comments:

Monica said...

Sounds like a great day to me! Happy 4th to you!

Karmen said...

It stinks there is no parade. I remember as a kid we would make our own parade with streamers through the spokes of our bike wheels and home made hats. Kids don't seem to play like that anymore; at least not in my neighborhood.
Have a happy Fourth; you've been busy with some beautiful sewing.
Karmen

Cathi said...

Hope you have a wonderful day, although it is sad there's no parade.

Unknown said...

Happy fourth to you. I have also fiews up the machine and am sewing rows on the purple quilt. Watching the History channel. I may soon have to take a nap break!