Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

I think I'll pass on green in my beer....

And enjoy corned beef, cabbage, and some Irish soda bread. 

I love Irish soda bread and it is really easy to make.  Recipe is from Martha's Baking Book. 


Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

The bread looks yummy. This is the first SPD that I haven't made corned beef and cabbage in a long time. I missed it.

dianne said...

i had to go out and buy beer (i didn't know that Target sells beer - it was the non-alcoholic stuff, but the guy running the register still carded me - even though i am older than Moses and his basket) today so i could make the beer bread that i was SUPPOSED to make two days ago ... and the corned beef? well, it didn't happen, either ... maybe tomorrow

that bread looks soooo good - mmmmm!