Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Me...Jane" A Book Review

One of my favorite authors and illustrators of all time is Patrick McDonnell.  He draws and writes the Mutts comic strip and also childrens books.  His books are magical.  That's the best way I know how to describe them.  The drawings and words are works of art and I just adore every one more than the other. 

In today's mail was a package from Amazon of the latest Patrick McDonnell children's book called Me...Jane about the childhood of Jane Goodall. 

As always, it is magical.  Simple words, each one filled with meaning.  Beautiful art that makes the heart full. 

I am biased because I admire Dr. Goodall and her life's work but I wholeheartedly recommend that you
pick it up at your local bookstore for your favorite child person. 

3 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

ohh, I love that cover illustration!

Michele said...

Looks like fun! I'll have to look for it next time I'm out. Thanks for sharing :-)

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

This looks like a delightful book. I'm sure kids and adults would love it. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing it with us.