Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Laundry--It's the New Fun!

Oh I am so happy to have my new dryer and while we are at it, let's all hope this is the last post about dryers, okay?
Voila, the inaugural load. So instead of spending time at the beach this summer watching the waves, I can sit in the back hall and watch laundry tumble.
Add a paper umbrella to that sweet tea--it's gonna be a wild summer!!!!!

If you can believe it, the mail today was even more exciting than the new dryer! I received two BOMs and of course had to immediately drop everything and start in on them (yes, I even missed the little chime from the dryer telling me the laundry was done).

Here is Block #2 from the Fat Quarter Shop's 2009 Designer Mystery Quilt (which I am now going to refer to as FQS09DMQ)
I love this quilt!
The next block is Block #6 from the Little Quilts Saturday Sampler
A great patriotic block for July--Martha Washington block in red, white & blue. I think I forgot to post the block from June so here it is
OK that's enough excitement for a Tuesday.

PS: In case you are wondering, no I didn't re-wash everything so I could tumble dry it.....

Well except for the bath towels....

But I only have about six so I really didn't waste that much water....

Oh the "green" guilt of it all!!! More treehugging penitence for me.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

cwhine,whine....I didn't get my second block from FQS. It had better come today!!
I think you should have a pitcher of margarits to watch the dryer work and invite some friends (me) over to share in the experience!

Unknown said...

You could always cut out a beach and put it on the door and pretend the tumble is the waves hitting the shore.

Lovely blocks.

CINDI said...

At least now you have some variety. You can watch the dryer spin and then watch the water heater. What more could a girl want? Well, don't really answer that. See you on Saturday.

Becky said...

Glad your new dryer is at home. I personally love all clothes from the dryer. Helps allergies, too. Your BOM's are splendid. The designer mystery quilt will be one super looking quilt. Thanks for showing us your blocks!

Gari in AL said...

"green guilt" That would mean that we (you) would have to send back your dryer and we would have to put up clothes lines and hang everything outside. I did that "once" when I was first married. Loved the smell and never did it again. lol

Cathi said...

Nice soft towels from the dryer -- at least that's a bonus! Perhaps you could put some sand in front of the dryer, put all blue things in the dryer and lay out a big beach towel and ... on second thought, I think I should stop now!
Love the blocks from your BOM's!

sewprimitive karen said...

You are so funny. That's a pretty dryer, looks, ouch, expensive. I know those towels felt nice when they were the way they're s'posed to be!

*karendianne. said...

Gotta have smooth towels - not scratchy ones. I think that's one fine dryer, too. And Gretchen, what lovely lovely blocks.

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely blocks!