Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pandora's Box Leads to a New Rule

While my mom was sewing together her applique quilt (thanks for all the nice comments BTW), I worked on "Pandora's Box" from the book Jelly Roll Quilts (does anyone not have this book yet? My mom and her stitching group all have copies now too). This is my third completed top from the book, I have one in progress, and fabric for four more. Have I told you how much I love this book?
I finished the blocks and sewed the top together. I love the colors; they remind me of Martha Stewart's colors. The fabric line is "Twiggy" from Moda. Edgar Poe decided to get in the photo shoot. He snuck behind the quilt and appeared on the other side.
Oh look at cute Edgar Poe! Then he walked back across the quilt and noticed a lump. Well if you have kitties, you know they have to check out any suspicious activity. The suspicious activity's name is Stella.
Attack!!!!! Wait a minute....
Just like there's no crying in baseball, there's no fighting in quilting.... New Rule: There's no fighting in quilting. Excuse me while I end this.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha...my Thomas Jefferson would fit in purrfectly there!

I LOVE YOUR QUILT~~~~ You did an amazing job.

The colors are just perfect.

{{In Awe}}

Amanda said...

I've made the Pandora's box pattern twice now, once for my husband, once for my FIL. I've got the book, but haven't decided what to make next, but it's fun reading and planning.

Linda said...

What a great post! Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt (I have that book but haven't made anything from it yet) and your quilting apprentice.

Mama Spark said...

Your quilt is great but the cat photos are priceless!! I have 5 and i can certainly relate! Thanks for the laugh.

Cathi said...

Love the quilt -- it is wonderful! But the pictures of the cats are priceless!

Simone de Klerk said...

Good to see your back, Gretchen! I love the quilt you made. I think I should really get a jelly roll some day! It looks like so much fun.
Your cats ... adorable!

Unknown said...

Yet another winner from our favorite book. I guess I need to pick a jelly roll and do it. Love it. Thanks for the hugs

Michelle said...

Your kitties are just too cute! I love the quilt top too. I have that book, but still haven't made anything from it! :( One of these days!

Unknown said...

Isn't that just the best book in the world. Your quilt is beautiful.

Becky said...

Guess I'm glad that I have only one doxie. I think we would have to have that new rule, too. Love the Pandora's Box. I'll have to take my book out and look at it. Gosh! I'm feeling a strong urge for a field trip..... to Sweet Home!

Gay Bitter said...

Who are the authors of the The Jelly Roll quilt book?