Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bloggers' Quilt Festival Fall 2011

It's time for the Bloggers' Quilt Festival again.  I am so happy that Amy started this fun and inspiring tradition.   


 I decided to pick my Eventide quilt  that I finished in April for the festival for a number of reasons:
1.  I haven't finished many quilts or quilt tops this year (it's been a rough year on too many fronts to revisit)
2.  I absolutely ADORE this quilt pattern by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company
3.  I absolutely ADORE the fabric by Fig Tree Quilts and am so happy to have found a super wonderful project for it.  This is an older line called Fig & Plum and I was hoarding it for just the right project.
4.  This was an online quilt along hosted by Thelma of Cupcakes 'n Daisies.  Thelma is an extremely talented quilter, wonderful blogger, and just all around fabulous person.  If you haven't visited her blog, go take a look and be prepared to be in awe.  Make sure you are sitting down when you see her Red and White Tribute Quilt because you will be blown away.  I'm hoping Thelma will host another quilt along at some point because it really was a ton of fun.
5.  Did I mention that this has been a rough year?  April and the Eventide Quilt Along was the last time before the rest of this year spiraled into chaos.  Let's just hope for a boring rest of the year and a better 2012.
6.  I really just love this quilt and need to get it to the long-arm quilter before the weather gets much colder. 




Thank you so much for visiting my blog! 


13 comments:

Pat said...

Beautiful quilt!...I can't wait to see the quilted version.I love all Fig Tree Fabrics and have been hoarding them too.Also need to get Eventide,it seems to showcase the fabrics so well and always looks different in other color ways.

Unknown said...

Here's to a calmer year! Loike your quilt!!!!

Andee said...

Your year sounds like mine...I hope we both get lots more sewing time and lots of "boredom" so we can fill it with sewing. This quilt is gorgeous..the red on the sides really pops the whole thing!

Mom said...

it's really pretty!

Margaret
msolomo1@maine.rr.com
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Megan said...

I Love this! Fig Tree collections are always so much fun to work with - Nice placement of the plum prints! I'm so excited to see how this turns out when it's quilted.

Michele said...

I love it! What a great one to enter! It's a beauty! I plan to enter a quilt soon, if I can find time to take a picture while it's still light out.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Stunning...great fabrics and wonderful pattern... :o)

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Gretchen, I wish you a boring year in 2012 so you can get a lot of quilting done :-)!

Unknown said...

Love that quilt. I still haven't finished mine. Hope next year is much better for you.

Cherise said...

That's a very pretty quilt! I really love it! Such striking colors! Great job! Have a Terrific Day! :)

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Oh Gretchen, I love the colors in your quilt! Just Beautiful! hUGS, mARY

stitchinpenny said...

So sorry for the rough year, but I am happy that you had time to create a marvelous quilt.

Thelma said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the Eventide Sew Along! I agree, I must host another one! Your Eventide is beautiful. Have you seen all the amazing quilting jobs for Eventide, if not, be sure to check out Lisa at Stashmaster for starters, her's is amazing. She was in the sew along too! I need to get my Eventide out and on a bed!

Here's hoping you have a boring remainder of 2011 and equally uneventful 2012!