Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fun Weekend




Halloween b-day cake!
It's my b-day weekend! And I'm having lots of fun watching movies, hanging out with friends, and of course, fabric, food, and cake are all in there somewheres too.

Sarah (no blog), Karin and Becky


Melisa at Sweet Home Quilt Co. was having a big sale on her porch.  Lots of quilters and Silver Thimble members showed up to stock up on patterns, books, and fabric. I bought some yardage for backings and a kit on sale.


S., E. and I went to Fox Bros. BBQ last night to celebrate my birthday.  I love barbecue and have several favorite BBQ joints around the metro area.  Fox Bros. is Texas-style BBQ and is always packed (you have to get there early or wait and wait and wait). 

A pint of local brew and fried dill pickles with ranch sauce--YUM!

E. had beef short ribs (looks more like something from the Flintstones!!), fried okra and Frito pie (Frito chips, chili, and cheese served in the little bag).

I think I'll eat salad all next week!
 S. had chopped pork and I had chopped beef brisket.  Their mac n' cheese is wonderful, the jalapeno cornbread with honey butter is to die for, and so is their banana pudding (made with real custard instead of box pudding). We left stuffed and with lunch for later. I had my banana pudding for breakfast :)


Last night we watched the movie Zombieland. It's a very funny movie (if you like zombie movies) and was filmed in Georgia so it was fun identifying all the locations.

Hope everyone is having a great October weekend!!!!

9 comments:

Carol said...

Happy! Happy Birthday to you!

Needled Mom said...

Happy birthday from a fellow October baby. Isn't it a great month for a birthday?

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh,you had a wonderful birthday week-end! Happy Birthday! P.S. Your mother's Michigan barn will be just fine for my new home :-).

MelissaS said...

Happy happy! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who believes in Birthday "weekends"!

Michelle said...

From one Libra to another - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like you had a fun time & great food!!!

Becky said...

Had a wonderful time shopping with you yesterday. Happy Day!

dianne said...

happy birthday (even if i am a day late - i know that YOU know how to celebrate a birthday month, so a day here or there is okay, right?)!!!

Unknown said...

Happy, Happy Birthday. Hope it was a good one, you have another week to celebrate.

Cathi said...

Oh, I hope you had a wonderfully happy birthday!!