Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fabric Fix

Yesterday I was in need of a serious fabric fix so I took a road trip to Bad Melisa's AKA Sweet Home Quilt Co.

Melisa's hydrangeas were beautiful! I was so happy to see Melisa and hear all about Spring Quilt Market. Apparently wool is back "in" which will make my mom happy. My mom will also be happy to hear that Moda is making silks and linens for crazy quilting. My mom loves crazy quilts and has one started. Does anyone else out there do crazy quilting?

Melisa had lots of new yummy fabric. Since I wasn't shopping for anything in particular (maybe because I have fifty-eleven projects already), I spent a lot of time wandering around looking at everything. I ended up deciding on 2 charm packs (time for another Schnibble quilt I think) and I broke down and bought a jelly roll of the latest French General line (even though I told myself I really didn't "need" another jelly roll...) because I know I'll regret not having some of this line when it disappears.
I just love the timeworn and timeless look of French General fabrics don't you?

I also wanted to pick up two books I saw in a bunch of quilt market posts. I just couldn't wait to get my copy of the new Blackbird Designs and Primitive Gatherings books. These are just as wonderful as I expected and now I need to add a couple more years to my already overwhelming amount of quilt project-making lifespan.

Which brings me to the award-winning klutz moment of my Saturday. Upon arriving home, I happily settled on the couch with my lunch (cereal) and the Country Inn book when for absolutely no reason at all I dropped my bowl of cereal and milk all over me and the open book.
.......Yes, that's exactly what I said....or maybe worse....
What a mess! I flung the book on the floor to get the milk off as quickly as possible. Milk and book pages do not go together. Not to mention cereal flakes all over the floor. Luckily the couch escaped. So I cleaned up as best I could and I hope the book isn't completely ruined. At least the pages aren't stuck together but it just one of those things that make you disgusted in a completely out of proportional amount.

Anyway--I haven't sewn much this past week and am behind in the jelly roll sampler BOM and really need to get back to those 895 million bitty nine-patches but so you don't think all is lost here at Stella Bella's, I did start working on my Hocuspocusville stitchery. I hope to have this done by oh maybe Halloween 2012....

6 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

The Park Avenue line is sooooo gorgeous. Awk, sad about your milk spill. Hope you will still be able to use the book.

Karmen said...

Oh dear you do "out of proportional" too?! I am glad to know there is company in that category. One time, during a temper flare up, I flung my cereal bowl and spoon out into the back yard. It was quite humbling to retrieve. And I love 50-11 projects. Kinda goes with my 25-10 UFOs. Karmen

Cathi said...

"Out of proportionality" is a talent we share! My mother used to say I must have been related to Bette Davis. ;-)
I haven't seen the Rural Jardin fabric line here yet, but am thinking I'd better jump on it and order a couple of charm packs.

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Was great to see you Saturday, Gretch! So sorry about the milk accident...don't you just HATE when you do stuff like that? Thanks for reminding me about Hocuspocusville...I have that started, too...maybe by 2015???

dianne said...

oh good - someone else i know is working on HPV (not the virus) ... i was feelin' kinda lonely ... i've been at it since february of LAST year - and i am finally on my 6th stitchery - not even halfway ... those trees take me for-EVAH

Becky said...

Lovely report. Almost felt like I was there with you and Melisa and the fabric. I broke down and bought charm packs of the French General Christmas line. I'm thinking Schnibble too. Hope the book survives. We've not had any luck in the library with books and milk.

I was tempted by Park Avenue, too. Lots of good looking fabric. Between French General and 3 Sisters, I'm in trouble:)