Friday, June 19, 2009

Finally Friday

This week just dragged by, especially today--it was a clock watching kind of day. I knew I had a UPS package waiting for me at home from the Fat Quarter Shop.
It's the 2009 Designer Mystery BOM block one and finishing kit. The fabric is the wonderful Glace line from Moda. I am so excited to start this BOM.

It is another hot, humid, icky day here in Atlanta, which means more summertime cat poses.

Here is Stella melting into the corner of the sofa (just so you know I do have A/C that is kept at 78 degrees so it's not that bad in the house).

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can not wait to see this one in production. I just love it when packages come from quilt shops!!!

Carol said...

Mine came last night too...Our UPS guy is always here by 2...no sign of him...I knew my package was due...7 p.m. the truck pulls up across the street...delivers...2 substitute UPS people in the truck...gal driving, guy delivering. He jumps back in the truck and take off...I'm standing in the front window about to cry...next thing I know the dogs are barking like crazy...the gal comes running up on the porch and tosses my package...YIPPEE! it's here. And off she runs to get back to the truck which is stopped 3 houses down the street. I couldn't believe anyone would be running...it was still 93 degrees at 7 p.m. Try to stay cool! This is going to be a long summer!

sewprimitive karen said...

You're pretty, Stella! Wow, the first month of a BOM, how much fun is that?

Unknown said...

Getting a package from a quilt shop is always so much fun. Can't wait to see it in progress.

Simone de Klerk said...

That BOM looks like great fun and so well prepared by FQS! Have fun making it (O:

Cathi said...

A package from a quilt shop on a Friday just seems perfect -- great end to a week!
Love the kitty pose.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Love the cat poses. Mine like to lay on her back with her feet in the air and just look around. They can be so funny sometimes. I envy you those peaches. Our tree won't have any this year and looks like it's dieing. It had such great peaches last year, and so many, but peach trees don't last long here in Nebr.