Saturday, October 18, 2008

This is not quite what I had in mind....

for my birthday month....vet bills! Poor Morpheus had to go to vet yesterday to get a benign tumor removed from his leg and has quite the incision. After tearing off two of the hard plastic Elizabethan collars at the vet's office, my vet suggested that I use a soft vinyl one turned inside out. So instead of looking like a flashlight, this is what Morph looks like
As we say in the South, bless his heart! The other cats have stared at him from a distance with the fascination of the paparazzi watching a Britney Spears meltdown. I had to work at SBux and called S. about every hour to check up on him. When I got home, Morph followed me around the house meowing constantly. I'm sure it was NOT polite kitty conversation!
So apparently against his will, Morpheus is dressing up like Daffy Duck in "Duck Amuck" for Halloween
Morph says he is passing on entering my Birthday Giveaway and just wishes the other cats would quit making fun of him.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Exactly what I was going to say...Bless his heart!

Unknown said...

Poor baby Morph....but I am not sure that blue is his color. I thinnk he ought to have either red or a subdued green...so go to your stash and fix one up!

sewprimitive karen said...

oh the poor thing is so mad, poor Morph. It's such a shame that they can't understand.

laurie said...

Just like when someone is going through chemo and all their friends rally around the person and shave their heads too.... I think you should dress up the other cats as well!

Michelle said...

LOL...poor kitty!! He does not look happy, at all!! He looks like he's saying, "Do you really have to take my picture too?"