Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Productive Weekend!

This was my first weekend off of SBux in I don't know how long so I did the two things I don't get enough of lately--sleeping and quilting. On Saturday, I went to Sweet Home Quilt Co. to see Melisa (who I haven't seen in forever) and get some backing fabric for my "Morris Garden" quilt. If you want some of this fabric--run down there because it is flying off the bolts! I bought this to make a scrappy backing:


You need to see this fabric in person because the photos don't do it justice. I was good and didn't buy anything else (well except for a 1/2 yd of a really great red because I might just need this particular really great red someday and a 1/2 yd of a great black for black & white quilt that Becky and I are going to make someday just as soon as our dot quilt is done...). I picked up my BOM also. I try to only do one BOM per year because most of the time I have BOMs from other years I haven't finished. I signed up for this one at Melisa's for 3 reasons: 1. it's a itty bitty quilt only 40" square or something and it will hardly be noticable among my UFOs, 2. I met Kathy Schmitz in Houston and she was really nice,
& 3. it will give me an excuse to go to Melisa's.

When I got home, I continued to behave and finished one quilt before I started a new one.(aren't y'all proud of me). This is the one I finished last Sat. except for the borders. To answer the inevidable questions: I don't know why I made this quilt or what I am going to do with it but I liked the fabric (Moda's Oak Leaves & Reel) and it only took one jelly roll & a little yardage.


Here is the other one I finished last weekend (and this one was also a quick jelly roll project) It was supposed to be a fall quilt and now it is an early fall quilt!
The rest of the weekend I worked on the "Morris Garden" quilt using this pattern:
I just need to do the borders on three sides of the quilt and it is done! It's queen size and took 20 fat quarters plus yardage for the borders. Here's a sneak peek:
and here's a peek with the borders:
Hopefully I will finish the rest of the borders next weekend and piece the backing together. Keeping my fingers crossed...

No comments: