Friday, August 22, 2014

Late August Already?

Summer is zooming by here in Santa Fe.  Summer is a big tourist season and I have been super busy at Starbucks with all the extra people in town.  This week is Indian Market week  and the population of Santa Fe more than doubles.  Mr. SBQ and I will go downtown tomorrow as soon as the market opens and before I have to work in the afternoon.

I've been working on a few quilting projects here and there.  I did finish my second Charm Pack Cherry quilt. I just love the bright colors of Kate Spain's Daydream line with the periwinkle Moda Bella solid.

Purple was my favorite color as a child and this quilt just makes me happy. Stella and I can fully attest to the fact that this quilt is perfect for summer afternoon cat naps under the ceiling fan.



For the back, I chose the purple daisy print from the line.  I quilted it myself with my go-to Bernina wavy stitch.  This is a quick and easy way to quilt a quilt.

 More happy purple things at my house include these flowers blooming away in our back patio area.  The flowers we planted in early summer are doing well with the cooler and rainier summer that we are having in Santa Fe.  This is salvia and calibrachoa.


Late summer also brings an abundance of yummy blackberries to the farmer's market.  I made a blackberry-raspberry pie this week and it was divine!




















On warmer days, Stella likes to sprawl out on the cool wood floors.  

How are you spending the last weeks of August?

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Isn't it crazy that it's "late" August already? Today's high was low 70's, but with a storm rolling through it's only low 60's right now!! I'm spending the last few weeks of August enjoying doing nothing! LOL Love all your purple things!!

ytsmom said...

Oh, wish I had a piece of that pie!!

Bridget said...

This rain is great for the plants and the grass, isn't it? Love this quilt and the purple is poppin'!

Late August sees me willing the green bean plants to make some beans (after three hail storms they seem reluctant). Working on a Tula Pink modern quilt with The Chicken River Modern Quilt group in Las Vegas and a sample for an October quilting class.

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I can't believe that August and summer is almost over! I'm sure that you'll have interesting stories about Indian Market craziness. I'm excited about my upcoming trip to SFe and even had a dream about green chile enchiladas last night.

Cathi said...

I can't believe we're at the end of August already! This summer has just flown past!
Love that wavy stitch quilting!

dianne said...

my my, me oh my, i love pie ... that pie looks so GOOD!!!

and you KNOW how much i lurve purple!!! what a beautimous purple quilt!!!

Gari in AL said...

It sounds like you are settled in quite well. I can't believe how cool it is in the Southwest,where you live. It was 102 here in So AL. Love your quilt, it looks so happy.

Unknown said...

Where did the summer go. Love your purple quilt