Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A New Project

My sewing space is still unorganized and full of boxes but after sorting through boxes of fabric and UFOs and missing my sewing friends back in Georgia, I decided it was high time for some sewing (mental health) therapy.

I decided to start on a new project with a deadline.  In August, a new niece or nephew is going to arrive!!  Yes, a new sibling for Mackenzie and Cameron who needs his/her own quilt.

Since I had just packed up (and moved) all of my fabric, I knew I did not have anything for a new baby quilt.  Really I didn't.  Hard to believe I know but nothing I had was suitable for a new baby quilt.

I was inspired by the Fat Quarter Shop's Charm Pack Cherry Quilt floating around in my favorite quilts blogs (click on the link for the free pattern).  The new Storybook line by Katie & Birdie for Moda is sweet and whimsical without being overly cutesy IMO.  I am pairing it with Moda Bella Solid in Off-White from my stash.
I watched the YouTube video yesterday and whipped up the first two steps between loads of laundry.  
I think this is going to be a great baby quilt and is a fun quick project to make.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

That looks like it will be a cute quilt! Welcome to New Mexico. We are about 2 hours north and east of you.

Michele said...

This is going to be an adorable baby quilt! It must be interesting to live in that area of the country. I've never been there and I enjoyed reading your last post :-)

Michele said...

This is going to be an adorable baby quilt! It must be interesting to live in that area of the country. I've never been there and I enjoyed reading your last post :-)