Monday, May 13, 2013

May Blocks & Cat-Mom Day

I hope everyone had a great mother's day yesterday.  I celebrated Cat-Mom Day since I had a rare mother's day Sunday off from Starbucks.  The cats decided to celebrate Cat-Mom Day by waking me up every half hour beginning at 4AM and continuing until I finally relented and got out of bed at 8ish.  Apparently, the cats did not get the memo that the only thing I wanted to do was sleep in for a change....

Of course, being cats, they were all back to sleep by mid-morning....
Case in point:  Remy basking in the sunlight.  I *may* have woke him up after taking this photo.
Remy Kitty 
Nameless Star
 I did get some sewing time in this weekend and since it's nearly halfway through May, I thought better get caught up on those BOMs and BOWs that keep rolling on in.

First up, this week's Votes for Women block. An easy peasy one for a change.

The Civil War Dixie Diary BOM for May and April (below)

Country Threads BOM Sampler 12" block and 6" block (below).




Centennial: New Zealand Victory
More Votes for Women:  catch up blocks from December. There are 10 more blocks to go and I am still 9 blocks behind so it is a race to catch up to the end.  I hope to get more done this week.  





Capital T:  Sarah Pellet

7 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Enjoying these blocks very much . . . .

a good yarn said...

Oh dear. Your kitties need to check their inbox more regularly. Your blocks are fantastic. So many projects on the go. How do you keep track?

Karendianne said...

Great blocks!!! I think I would have woken Remy up, too just because he's cute and needs kisses.

Michele said...

Glad you had a nice day off :-) So many nice blocks! Remy is a cutie!

Cathi said...

Lovely blocks, but they're overshadowed by that beautiful shot of Remy!

Sandy said...

OMG I've been wanting to start that Dixie Diary BOM for ages, but haven't had the time! Yours are really nice!

I just discovered your blog btw, and must add it to my list, if for no other reason than you have a black cat :-)

Lots of other reasons tho, your quilts are great!

Sandy said...

OMG I've been wanting to start that Dixie Diary BOM for ages, but haven't had the time! Yours are really nice!

I just discovered your blog btw, and must add it to my list, if for no other reason than you have a black cat :-)

Lots of other reasons tho, your quilts are great!