Friday, January 25, 2013

Chilly Day in Atlanta

It was so cold today, I had to make brownies.

No really.

OK, you're not believing me so I'll explain.

I came home from work and did some sewing & the house was chilly so I thought "hey, I'll bake something, so I can turn the oven on, which will warm up the house for awhile, which won't be as bad as turning the heat up". So I called S. at work & told him I was cold so I was going to bake something & what did he want me to bake? Of course he said brownies because that's his favorite & he likes cakey brownies not gooey brownies & don't even think about putting chocolate chips in them but do put walnuts in them.

(I, on the other hand, like gooey brownies with lots of stuff).

So there you have it--cakey brownies for S. (with pecans since we were out of walnuts) & a slightly warmer house for about 30 minutes.

7 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like an excellent plan to me. :D Wish I had one of those brownies. :))

Stitched With Prayer said...

OHHHHH Gretchen...I'm trying so hard to diet, LOL. But I gotta tell ya, I agree that baking is an excellent way to warm the house for a bit, the problem is, I too am a brownie purist. Cakey brownies with walnuts (or pecans, either is fine) and nothing else, not even frosting. I could eat that entire plate, they look absolutely delicious. I can almost smell them....ummmmmmmmmm....torture my friend, pure torture, LOL.
Big Hugs and scratches to all the furry ones, Nancy Jo

Stitched With Prayer said...

I forgot to mention, I don't care for chocolate candy, but put a brownie in front of me and I'm a goner...so are the brownies, they are my all time favorite treat. Hugs...

a good yarn said...

Sitting here is the high heat and humidity, chilly sounds pretty good. Throw in the brownies and I'm on the plane!

Unknown said...

Your brownies look great. Hope you enjoyed them.

Cathi said...

Those do look delicious! And they sound like the perfect thing for a cold day.

Marie said...

What a great idea! It's freezing here today so maybe I need to bake something too. I love gooey brownies with dried cherries and chunks of bittersweet chocolate.