Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Finally a Bit of Sewing

There seems to be a paltry lack of sewing going on at Stella Bella Quilts.  I have no idea what I have been doing but I am still behind in everything--emails, sewing, blogging, reading blogs, etc.

If you commented on my posts or emailed me and I haven't responded, I am very sorry and thank you for commenting/emailing. I read everything and sometimes forget to reply back.

September and October flew away and now it's almost Thanksgiving.  I am working more at Starbucks and getting ready for the big weekend promotion this week (buy one, share one holiday drinks 2PM -5PM Nov. 15th-18th. Take a friend and )

This is the little bit I have done:

1. Sewed three backings together for Hubble, Civil War Block of the Week  and Good Fortune.  Made one binding, and have binding fabric for the other two quilts. Now I just need to get these to the quilter (not gifts--thankfully--all for me).  A big task finished 'cause I really dislike sewing backings together.

2. Figured out most of the Xmas gifts for this year--ordered some online, making some the Friday & Saturday after Thanksgiving, plans for the rest, no malls/stores/madness for me.

3. Made October & November's blocks for the Fat Quarter Shop Mystery Block of the Month
October FQS BOM
November FQS BOM
4. Made a couple Votes for Women Block of the Week blocks.  I am behind in this from being so busy in October and getting hung up on hand piecing (OY!!) the sunflower block from week 4 (I am still working on that one).
Here is New Jersey (week 5)
And Aunt Eliza's Star (week 6)



Nights are getting chilly and Stella has perfected the quintessential cat-curled-up-in-quilts pose.

My thoughts are with everyone two- and four-legged affected by Hurricane Sandy.  It is going to be a long road to recovering, particularly with winter arriving.  On behalf of my warm, safe, & healthy cats, I made donations to the ASPCA, which is on the ground helping rescue & reunite pets.  I know there are a lot of causes and people out there helping & it's much needed.


2 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Ohh, I love your blocks. The New Jersey block really grabbed my attention. Those fabrics are yummmm...

Of course your FQS BOM's didn't go unnoticed. Those are gorgeous.

Big holiday weekend at SBux? Yeah. Will have to visit my local. :)

Michelle said...

Great post...you've been busy with your blocks and tops. Thank you for your help with the rescue effort...every little bit helps!