Sunday, May 29, 2011

Missing Normal

Well everyone at Stella Bella Quilts is missing our normal everyday life.
We are still living like mole people in the dark (well not the cats cause they can see perfectly fine in the dark thankyouverymuch).
We are completely sick of eating every meal out and having to drive to get food and having to drink Starbucks Via in cold water, which is better than nothing....

and better than chewing on coffee beans...


and definitely better than me not having any time of caffeine in the AM (see image right )






Not much else is new.

I did receive two great new quilt books in the mail.  The first is Fat Quarter Winners by Monique Dillard


You may have seen the blog hop for this book last month with Thelma of Cupcakes 'n Daisies
Lisa of Stashmaster, Nicole of Sister's Choice, and of course the author/designer herself Monique

I love every quilt in this book!  Really fabulous designs that would look great in any fabric type.  Good clear directions and different sizes for each quilt.  I highly recommend this book. 






The second book is Jelly Roll Sampler Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott

This a another great book by my favorite jelly roll quilt designers!  Along with the 12 blocks from the Jelly Roll Sampler Block of the Month that I made for Mackenzie (image at left).  There are additional blocks, different size blocks, and different sampler quilt ideas.  Another highly recommended book.You can even do a block of the month from the book with your quilting friends or challenge yourself to use up some of those stacks of jelly rolls (and I know you all have stacks of jelly rolls....)

I really hope to be back up and interwebbing and blogging as usual soon.  Although I'm not commenting much, I am trying to keep up with everyone's blogs on iVan the iPhone. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend in the U.S. 

4 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Gretchen, bless your heart...sending lots of good thoughts for NORMAL to return...you all take care!

Cathi said...

Oh, how I hope your household is back to normal sooner than later!

dianne said...

i hear you ... i keep hearing that there is a NEW normal - i don't like the new normal and i want back my old one, too ... i hope you get power soon - carrying my suitcase into the hotel lobby is about as close to roughing it as i ever want to get again, lemmetellya

Michele said...

Oh, I see you have Starbucks Via! I'm reading your posts in reverse order. Nice that you got some fun books. I just got the fat quarter book, but I haven't had time to look closely at it yet.