Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Those last steps...

Do you find the last few steps of getting a quilt finished the most difficult? KarenDianne at LeeHaven had a couple of posts about getting 75% done and then stopping and setting the quilt project aside. I enjoyed reading the comments about the points where other quilters get stuck and knowing that we are not alone.

I seem to get stuck at the borders. Quilt top is done except for the borders. (let's not talk about the quilt tops that aren't quilted...that's for another post).

Well I had help getting borders on my Peace on Earth quilt this past weekend Who knew Gomez was so good at measuring???

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Gomez-don't you just LOVE playing with that long thin thing? I love to drag it into the living room and chew on the ends.

Willie

*karendianne. said...

With Gomez measuring of course that makes is so much easier! You dern cheater cheater pumpkin' eater!!! Wait. Let me re-think this. Let me "Open link in new tab" so I can click Gomez. Yep. That's what I thought... That putty-tat does not have his eyes on H-E-L-P. He sure is thinking of working for a cutest kitty on the planet award though - for sure!

Needled Mom said...

Do you think it is because we are sooooo excited about getting started on the next one? I know that I am the same way and I just want to get done and move on.

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Gomez, you and the other Gretchen Cats are so darling. You just make me tear up for my darling Gaston.

Carol said...

I think Gomez is going to get those borders on in no time!

MelissaS said...

The would rule the world if they had opposable thumbs, so measuring borders really isn't a challenge is it? Oh wait...I take that back....I have opposable thumbs....

Susan said...

I don't even get that far along on a quilt top, when I start on another one. Perhaps I need Gomez to help me.

Unknown said...

Good luck with your borders.

Gina said...

Cute pic.
I'm fine until it comes to the binding. It's strange as I like hand sewing, just not the binding.

Love and hugs Ginaxxx