Sunday, December 13, 2009

Invading Bad Melisa's

Yesterday, Becky, Karin, Kristie, Cindi, and I invaded Sweet Home Quilt Co. for a day of sewing. It's so much fun getting together with friends and spending the day not doing holiday stuff. Melisa was so nice to let us take over the second floor of the shop! I think we all got a little bit of sewing done and a lot more talking and laughing. A couple of people came upstairs to see what all the laughter was about.
Here is half of the table--featherweights, coffee, and fabric everywhere.
Cindi was working on a nicely aged project (how old was this again???)

Kristie was working on hand applique. She does the most beautiful embroidery and applique I have ever seen.
I liked this project so much, I just had to hunt down the fabric and get it too. Maybe now that she is almost out of school, she'll have time to make mine too (hee hee). The best part of hanging out all day at a quilt shop is the shopping breaks. I bought a few odds & ends just because I was there.

We also planned a new swap project for 2010. Nothing like hitting the year with more projects :)

The weather is really icky here in the ATL area--cold and dreary and rainy. I came up with the idea that it should snow while we were there so we would get snowed in at Sweet Home. How much fun would that be--stuck in a quilt shop! We definitely wouldn't be bored!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time, sorry I couldn't make it.

sewprimitive karen said...

That looks like fun. I love the scottie pattern too; such a good pattern to make with Authentic.

Rebecca P said...

I totally agree, there is nothing better than getting together with friends, to sew & chat & laugh. I do it twice a week. They all come to my house, I just love it.
I have loved that scottie pattern ever since I fist saw it. Can't wait to see yours when it gets farther along.