Saturday, February 7, 2009

Conquering Technology and the Return of Xena

I am doing not one but two happy dances here at Chez Crazy Cat Lady. I just spent all morning/noon/til now setting up a wireless home network system. After much trial and error and wishing there was a neighborhood computer geek to help me, I finally figured it out MYSELF! Woo hoo. (For all you techy people out there it probably is not but a 10 min task, I am sure, but for me it was lots of saying "why isn't this working!!" and "%#^$(&^!!!!!") Anyway, I have the household laptops all happily communicating without wires to the "Internets". Do you all realize that we have gone full circle from bunny ears


back to bunny ears????
S. says the little router is ugly but now he doesn't have to wait for me to read all my emails and blogs before using the Internets. I think I'll have to name the cute little blue Internets machine. Any suggestions?
In truck news, I finally got Xena back from the body shop on Wednesday. She looks better than she has in years after being repaired and detailed. It was very strange driving my truck though knowing that some thief drove her around for two days and messed her all up. And the thief or thieves had the nerve to use up every last drop of gasoline too! There some lingering issues (power locks and windows aren't working, stereo speakers are blown out) that I'll have to get back with the insurance company to fix but at least I have my truck back.
Now on to my regularly scheduled Saturday of laundry, chores, and oh yea maybe getting some sewing in....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of taking your computer anywhere in your house...I love it.

Gari in AL said...

I felt your wireless setting up pain: I had it, too. But after almost two years of being wireless, I would hate to go back. I use my laptop in bed, in the studio, in the kitchen and the living room. And DH uses his whenever and wherever he wants. Bliss.

Simone de Klerk said...

How good of you, to have figured it out yourself! I definitely don't have the patience for that. And I'm glad you got your truck back. Hope the other things will soon get fixed too!
Have a lovely Sunday (O:

Carol said...

WOW! That is wonderful that you figured that all out...I'd like to set up my printer so I can print from my laptop anywhere...rather than having to take it to the printer and hook it up. Hmmm...I'll have to give that some thought. So glad you got your truck back...those darn thieves.

Unknown said...

I am proud of you. I can't even figure out how to resize my pictures now. All of a sudden what I used to do doesn't work anymore and I don't know why. Wait 'til Laurie heres she has another repair....it is really going to cost me.
Glad Xena is back