Saturday, July 12, 2008

Prairie Paisley Peer Pressure

After seeing the great quilts being made with Moda's Prairie Paisley line (on Michelle's blog not one but two projects, on Vicky's blog her nearly completed quilt with some gorgeous applique, and Kristie's Chippewa Nine Patch quilt [she doesn't have a photo on her blog but here is the pattern])
I decided that I *had* to start my project with this fab fabric. I finished the top this afternoon and pieced the back.
Here's a detail

The pattern is "Garden Trellis" from my new favorite quilt book "Jelly Roll Quilts" (if I ever get to England I'm definitely going by their shop and telling them thanks (????) for making me want to make 17 more quilts). Yea! Another quilt top finished. My new goal is to finish the projects stacked up on my sewing table so I can actually find the bottom of it. Wish me luck!

. Here's a photo of Gomez Mega-bux hard at work overseeing the quilt making this afternoon. Stella on the other hand....

well you can see for yourself what she was busy doing.

10 comments:

Cathi said...

I love the look of that Garden Trellis pattern and can see it in so many colourways!
Kitty supervisors and those who are preserving their strength for helping later are important! LOL

Michelle said...

I'm so jealous...I love your quilt! Darn, now I'll have to make that one too! :) Love the kitty pics too!

Amanda said...

How lovely to see Gomez looking so well now. The Quilt Shop (owned by the authors of The Jelly Roll Quilts book) is my local quilt shop, in Dorking, and it's a great place to visit. The building probably dates from Tudor times, and it's stuffed to the rafters with gorgeous material etc. I've taken a couple of classes there too. If you do ever get to the UK it's well worth a visit. The book's good too isn't it - I'm just trying to decide which one to make first.

Unknown said...

I love garden trellis. My jelly roll book is sitting on the table and i was deciding which jelly roll to use! Now I am inspired. Gomez Megabucks looks well. I am glad. I seem to be relating to Stella Bella. I did finish the back for the baby quilt yesterday.

MelissaS said...

Feline assistants are the best for making sure that sofas, chairs, and your current quilting project from flying off into space.

paront1222@comcast.net said...

I love your quilt....I'll have to check that book out.

I am making the Patchwork Party blocks along with Michelle but haven't gotten my templates yet, they're in transit to me. I made one block using the paper templates but that's too much work. I hope to start cutting the remaining 11 blocks later this week.

Peggy in NJ

Becky said...

Wow! Love the Garden Trellis quilt. I haven't seen that quilt book. I've been avoiding looking at new ones:) I agree with you that there are some great looking Prairie Paisley Quilts. Like you I have PPPP. I have fabric to begin a PP quilt too! Love Amanda's comment that it is here LQS. The world really is small.

Way to go Gomez!

MARCIE said...

I am so excited to see your Prairie paisley quilt! It is great! Can I add you to my link list on my blog?

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Lookin good girl.. very productive. Gomez looks the picture of health. Can't wait for Sisters and the Stitch
In..See you this weekend?

Pat
www.silverthimbletalk.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I like what you did with the Prairie Paisley fabric. I have resisted buying any but I keep thinking that I will regreat not having purchased any.
I like Halloween fabric, too.