Sunday, August 9, 2015

Summer of Kate Spain Quilts

The bright, clear, cheerful colors of Kate Spain's fabric lines are calling to me this summer.  I finished up my second Kate Spain quilt top of the summer; the line is Sunnyside. The pattern is from Moda Bake Shop and is called "Basic Math Quilt."  The quilt uses one layer cake and is fun and easy to make.

I had the blocks made for awhile and then "rediscovered" them cleaning up a pile in my sewing room.  
This will be another great lap quilt for the couch for the summer to go along with my Daydreams quilt (see next photo).  I have the backing and binding purchased and hope to get it put together to start quilting on my next day off.














Edgar Poe loves Kate Spain quilts as much as I do.


















7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Thant looks fabulous. Love Kate Spain!!!

a good yarn said...

Endorsed by Quilt Testing Expert and Quality Control Officer. I love Kate Spain's fabrics and look forward to making up my stash. Moda Bakeshop has so many terrific patterns too. It's a lovely quilt.

Michelle said...

The quilt is nice...but I'm partial to the cute kitty. :)

Unknown said...

I'm also partial to Kate Spain and love your quilts. I have searched high and low for that periwinkle daisy that you backed your one quilt with - to no avail. If you ever see it, will you let me know?
We were in Taos in July and the sunsets astonished me!

Rebecca said...

Miss you and Stella, Edgar and Remy. Hope you are just busy sewing and all is well.

dianne said...

i miss you, Gretchen ... happy mother's day to one of the World's Best Aunties!

Karmen said...

You are still making beautiful quilts!
Karmen