Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Favorite Season

Happy Fall Y'all!!

I can't believe that October is right around the corner.  This summer just went zipping by in a flurry of festivals, fiestas, hikes, walks, busy work, sunshine, sleepy cats, good books, and who knows what else.  I am behind in all things email and blog posts and blog comments. Maybe I'll catch up when winter arrives?

There has been some sewing here and there.  (I made curtains!)

I have jumped into the Another Year of Schnibbles & a Little Bit More  (AYOS&ALBM) group for this year and have the top completed with time to spare (woo hoo!)

September's AYOS&ALBM quilt pattern is Whit by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. Instead of using the little 2 1/2" mini charm packs,  I used a single 5" charm pack from my stash--an older autumn line by Deb Strain, which I now have forgotten the name of, and Moda Bella solid in Off-White.

I chose the Dutchman's Puzzle layout for the quilt and loved making these cutemous tiny flying geese in happy fall colors and patterns.

The blocks are 4" finished.  Fun-sized.






 Voila!  Tiny quilt top is done (it's 22" square). I need to dig through my stash for some autumnal backing and binding.
 I see a potential photo bomb about to happen.
It's Remy!! Of course.

12 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I love this quilt but I love the photobomb more.

Bridget said...

I love a flying geese quilt and little teensy flying geese are even better! Santa Fe certainly does like its fiestas, doesn't it?

As for Remy, he can bomb a photo anytime!

Nicole said...

Your fabric choice makes me want to make this little quilt again! I made it in fun bright summery fabrics and it is super cute, but oh my, those autumnal colors are more "my thing"!

Anonymous said...

Hi Remy! Great work on getting your quilt top done well before the stroke of midnight like me. This will be a great addition to your home for the season!

Linda said...

Remy, how I've missed thee....

Michele said...

Love your Schnibbles! Your photo help is cute! Now you are ready for fall.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

What a lovely quilt for autumn or anytime of year! And what could be cuter than a kitty with a quilt? Remy is adorable! Love those black kitties! They are sweethearts.

dianne said...

Remy knows how to make an autumn quilt an Awesome Quilt!

Unknown said...

Love the quilt and Remey

Judy said...

Love your fall version of Whit!

Linda said...

Love your Autumn version of Whit!!! Kitty photobombs are the best!

Dee said...

Too funny! My kitty photobombed my Whit quilt too. He's adorable though. I love the fall colors of your Whit quilt. Perfect for the season right now. I also loved working with the tiny flying geese - everything except trimming them down.