Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sewing Small Projects Part 2



Yesterday, I finally finished this long-time languishing Schnibble project.  The pattern is Recess and it had been so long since I worked on it that I had to search Sinta's blog to find out when I started the project. Way back in June 2011. Ah...2011...that explains everything.  My traumatizing year...let's not drag up any memories from that year and just move on to the finished top.

I had all the rectangles cut out and about a third of the rows sewn together.  It just took a couple afternoons to finish sewing and this UFO is nearly done.
I love the fabric line--Charlevoix by Minick & Simpson.  It is the perfect summery fabric line and even better, reminds me of Michigan.



Over the weekend, I finished my second "Everyday Bag" from Sherri McConnell's A Quilting Life book.  This one is for nephew Cameron.  
I don't really have any kid-type fabric in my stash and my goal is to use what I have right now.  I did find a random fishing/camping charm pack (Northern Shores by Holly Taylor for Moda) and some random camping/outdoorsy fat quarters (Northern Flight by Holly Taylor for Moda) in my stash.  Wonder what my original idea was for this fabric??? Who knows. 
I pieced the handles and the lining from the fat quarters. This is a fun bag to make and I have two more that I want to make this summer.
Cat photo for this post is courtesy of Gomez who enjoys sleeping away the warm afternoons under the ceiling fan.  

3 comments:

Sinta Renee said...

Not to worry! I don't think I have my Recess quilted yet! It's nice to get the little projects done isn't it? Instant rewards!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Darling projects each, Gretchen! I love the Schnibbles quilt especially. And the photo of Gomez is precious. What a pretty kitty.

Sarah said...

I love the Charlevoix range too. I was lucky enough to buy four charm packs from the great fabric destash on Instagram. I have some very pretty ideas for its use. Parts of 2011 weren't great for me either. But we live on and look at it as a learning opportunity.