It's time for the Bloggers' Quilt Festival again. I am so happy that Amy started this fun and inspiring tradition.
I decided to pick my Eventide quilt that I finished in April for the festival for a number of reasons:
1. I haven't finished many quilts or quilt tops this year (it's been a rough year on too many fronts to revisit)
2. I absolutely ADORE this quilt pattern by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company
3. I absolutely ADORE the fabric by Fig Tree Quilts and am so happy to have found a super wonderful project for it. This is an older line called Fig & Plum and I was hoarding it for just the right project.
4. This was an online quilt along hosted by Thelma of Cupcakes 'n Daisies. Thelma is an extremely talented quilter, wonderful blogger, and just all around fabulous person. If you haven't visited her blog, go take a look and be prepared to be in awe. Make sure you are sitting down when you see her Red and White Tribute Quilt because you will be blown away. I'm hoping Thelma will host another quilt along at some point because it really was a ton of fun.
5. Did I mention that this has been a rough year? April and the Eventide Quilt Along was the last time before the rest of this year spiraled into chaos. Let's just hope for a boring rest of the year and a better 2012.
6. I really just love this quilt and need to get it to the long-arm quilter before the weather gets much colder.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog!