Sunday, October 9, 2011

Tales from the Couch

Got back from Michigan Tuesday night.  It was a very sad, emotionally draining, and exhausting trip.   I was so glad that S. came too and everyone appreciated his love and support. I did get to see all my cousins (10 of us!) and their kids and spouses plus all my aunts and uncles and other relatives.  I spoke at the funeral, which was very difficult but I thought it was important and I made it through with a choked up voice.

And of course, I got to see my niece Mackenzie.  She is 19 months old and as cute and brilliant as ever (being the non-bias opinion of an aunt you know).  She is speaking in complete sentences (!!!!) and said "I want to go outside."    And I taught her how to make monster sounds (very important). She also learned how to say my name which is really hard to say when you are young. Did  I mention that she is brilliant?

On Wednesday, I came down with the most horrible, dreadful, awful cold virus ever (code name MHDACVE) and was stuck on the couch sick for three days straight.  Thank goodness for BBC America, which has saved my sanity from certain boredom.  I highly recommend watching the shows "Luther" and "The Hour."     I did very little else but complain about how sick I was to the cats.  They sympathized but were unable to make tea or soup so I had to do it myself (S. was out of town for work). 

Today I found out from the pharmacist (where I had to stock up on more cold medicine) that the MHDACVE is going around and it lasts for about a week and a half and is just as horrible, dreadful, and awful for anyone who gets it.  I called my mom and she has it too.  My advice:  stay away from people and wear a haz-mat suit!   

6 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Oooh sounds dreadful! Hope you feel better soon!

Sinta Renee said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Bless your heart. And I am so sorry that you have that nasty cold. Hope you recover quickly.

Gari in AL said...

That "cold" sounds horrible. I don't think it has made it this far south so, please, keep it up there. Hope you are better soon.

Unknown said...

Glad that you are feeling better.

Michele said...

Sounds awful! Maybe it's time to stock up on hand sanitizer before flu season.

Becky said...

I admire that you were able to speak at your grandfather's service. What a gift you gave to him. Take care!