Sunday, October 3, 2010

Another Finish and Celebrating October

I LOVE October!  Let's all do a Snoopy Happy Dance for October!  It is my absolute favorite month of the year.  October is the beginning of Autumn in the ATL; fall festivals; my favorite holiday Halloween; time for pumpkins, apples, squash, apple cider, stews, soups, and yummy comfort food; and oh yeah my birthday month!!!  I've been gathering some goodies for a big b-day giveaway later this month (check back or better yet sign up to be a follower if you are interested). Onto my next finish...
Voila! 

This poor quilt was lingering around without its binding for a couple of years(!!) and I finally finished it.  The pattern is by Gundrun (who is hosting a super fun October blog hop).  I can't remember what the real name of the quilt is but I call it "Sleep Deprivation" because I made the quilt while working insane hours at two jobs and the crazy colors and pattern perfectly fit my zombie life at the time.  Gorgeous colors in this Moda line.  My quilt holder was outside mowing the lawn so I thought I'd get photos in daylight so the colors would be true.


Yesterday was Groovy Girl day at Bad Melisa's.  Tons of fun at 8:30AM. Check out Melisa's new fall display as you walk in the store.

The project for this month is the best set of drawstring bags ever. I'll be working on several this month.
 
Melisa also has a great display of Dr. Seuss fabric. I love me some Dr. Seuss!  Especially the Grinch and Max.
 
















After a lengthy visit at Sweet Home, I went to Old Navy to finish up a little goodies box to send to Mackenzie.  I bought a great little bib for her at Target this week and rounded out the outfit with a Halloween shirt and socks at Old Navy. How cute is that shirt with the little black cat????!!!???  I bought some other cute fall outfits (no pink!) on clearance so she'll be stylin' this fall. I love being an aunt :)

7 comments:

Micki said...

I love that finish on the fall quilt...Fall items are so pretty!
Micki

sewprimitive karen said...

Happy Birthday, Gretchen! Oh my sweet lord, isn't the cooler temperature today heaven????? We waited LONG ENOUGH for this here in Atlanta. Do you really go to Groovy Girls at 8:30am? That's neat, I would like to go to a class super-early like that, it's when I'm alive and functioning lol.

Thelma said...

Congratulations on the finish, that quilt is gorgeous, i'm so glad you got the binding on, now the best part, enjoying the fruits of your labor!

Somedays I feel pretty sorry for myself, not having a quilt shop in my neck of the woods, that fall display is wonderful. I would have no money if I lived near that shop!

Gari in AL said...

Although everyone knows the best month is November, I agree that October is a wonderful month, too. And I love your finished quilt, so bright and happy.

Becky said...

That is the cutest little girl Halloween items! That Mackenzie is one lucky girl. Your sleep deprivation quilt is striking! Take care!

dianne said...

i love Old Navy for girls' clothes that don't reek of sugar and spice princessy sweetness (although i do not share your aversion to the color pink)

Sleep Deprivation - ha ha ha! i LOVE that name - it is too funny! know what else is funny? my word verification is "inbed" - bwah ha ha!

Cathi said...

Sleep Deprivation is a great name for the quilt -- love the colours you used!
We've had some really cool days -- want some of them? :-)