Sunday, September 13, 2009

Silver Thimbles Report, BOMs, and Henry V

I'm watching Henry V. I love me some Shakespeare. I think if I were stranded on a deserted island and could only have one book, I would choose my copy of The Riverside Shakespeare.

Yesterday was our monthly Silver Thimble club meeting. Here is the super fabulous new pattern by Pat and a kit to make the quilt.
As you can see, mine is still sealed in the bag because I need to finish the projects I'm working on now before I dive into this one.

I forgot to bring my camera and take photos but Pat has some great ones on her blog.

My latest project is these wonderful elongated nine-patches made from Moda's "Wildflower Serenade". The pattern is by Heather Mulder Peterson.


I received both of my BOMs in the mail on Saturday and made them today.
Here is the September block from Little Quilts
and
block #4 from the Fat Quarter Shop's 2009 mystery BOM.

I can't believe the weekend is over with already. How did it go by so fast???!!!?? It will be a short week for me as I have another Furlough Friday....

6 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

OOOHHH love the photos. Thimbles was a blast. You will be showing a complete Scrappy Nines very soon I'm sure.

Furlough Friday...Let's call it sew a thon day!

Pat

*karendianne. said...

Was it the Henry with Kenneth Branagh because I love me some Branagh! Your new kit is exactly what I would choose for Red Fabric Fun! Right on. And oh the blocks, oh the lovely lovely exquisite blocks. Such nice piecing my friend.

Furlough Friday coming up ha? Wish Bad Melissa was having another Midnight Madness!!! (Not that we could afford it with all these furloughs but I'm thinkin we could make one up!)

Unknown said...

How did the weekend go so fast. I really had fun at double Thimbles this time. So much laughing. I cut out my BOM from Fat Quarter but spent much of today on the baby quilt. It is all layered and ready to quilt. I have basted it to death!!

Susan said...

I missed seeing everyone at Thimbles this weekend.

dianne said...

ooooo ... i'm loving those elongated nine-patches!

Unknown said...

Love all of your photos. Sorry I didn't get to see you.