Monday, March 30, 2015

A Finish for March

Finally finished the top for the French General quilt I worked on last month.
I just love this quilt and I'm waiting for some backing fabric to arrive to finish it up.  It's always windy in Santa Fe so it's difficult to get a good photo (if you look close Mr. SBQ's toes are peeking out but don't tell him. Also it was warm enough for bare feet here yesterday and I am sorry if it is cold where you are still).

With the arrival of spring, my quilting mojo is back and I am ready to work on a zillion projects at one time! I should be able to catch up with the Stars in a Time Warp blocks by tomorrow and will post those soon.
 We went for a walk yesterday and saw these blooming trees peeking out over a fence. 
 I opened a couple of windows to air out the house and the cats all crowded in to see what was going on outside.  (Rather unflattering view of Edgar and Stella looks like they need some running around the house time).

If Spring hasn't found you yet, I hope it does soon!

Post Edit:  I just discovered that I haven't been receiving all your comments via my email.  Deepest apologies if I haven't responded to your comments!!!!!!  I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you!!!! I hope I fixed the problem and will keep an eye out.  

6 comments:

sunny said...

No fair about the bare feet! Your quilt is beautiful. We're still waiting and hoping for spring, but we do have crocus blooming. :-)

Cathi said...

What a gorgeous top! I love French General fabrics and you've really shown them off beautifully with that design.
Spring isn't here yet, so I really appreciated seeing the blooming trees.

a good yarn said...

That is such a beautiful quilt and those fat fluffy cat bottoms are quite cute!

dianne said...

fluffy cats are happy cats! and, even though i am NOT a fan of French General, that is one lovely top - well done!

Bridget said...

I love French General.....it's just so darned elegant, as is your quilt. Happy spring!

Sinta Renee said...

I love your FG quilt! The cats look like they have their eye on something good! Happy Easter!