Thursday, December 4, 2014

Rainy Day Sewing: Grand Illusion Part 1

We are having a wonderfully rainy day here in Santa Fe.  Rain is a welcome sight in the high desert and today was perfect for having a day off of work with nothing pressing to do and no errands that needed running.  I sewed and listened to the rain falling on the skylights and drank hot tea and listened to podcasts on the laptop and made cookies.  A cozy not-too-chilly wintery day.

I am happy to report that I finished Step 1 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt.  It feels great to be caught up before the next step is posted.  I am reveling in this as it may not last LOL!

Here are examples of my first 100 blocks.

Due to the rainy day, I couldn't quite capture the true colors of the blocks but you get the idea.











Check out everyone else's blocks at the link up here:
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-1.html

New step will be posted bright and early tomorrow morning.




6 comments:

DaniQuilts said...

I love your fabrics - especially the little bits of color on the blues. I was thinking about using the same yellow, but could not visualize how it would look - I can see now that it will be beautiful.

Gari in AL said...

Opps, I didn't even get started. My plan is to work on step one this weekend and then maybe start on step 2 Monday. Wish me luck: your blocks look great.

Bridget said...

Ooohhh! You are doing Grand Illusion---and I am not, but will be following along in spirit. I did Easy Street two years ago and it's not totally together, so decided to pass this time.

Love the colors and can't wait to see what's next!

Wasn't the rain great? Up north it was gentle and lasted about 3 hours. Weirded me out because usually it's snow at this time, but I am happy with rain, for sure.

sunny said...

Very nice! I admire anyone who can take on a Bonnie Hunter project. They're always amazing, but too time consuming for my little brain. Have fun.

Brenda said...

Love it, I am already behind. Hope to catch up this weekend.

sophie said...

Beautiful! I am feeling well enough to sew, have heat again at home ... and find myself thinking about jumping in and seeing if I can catch up!