Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hi! Yes I'm Still Here!

Hi! Long time no post!  I am sneaking easing into the new year.  After working beaucoup at Starbucks for November and December, I had a four-day weekend last weekend and caught up on some much needed sleep and got completely hooked on "Downton Abbey."  OMG this is the best period drama!  Season 2 starts tomorrow on your local PBS so if you haven't discovered it yet, you still have time to catch up (if you start right now!)

I also caught up on the Civil War Block of the Week quilt and finished all the blocks, sashes, sewed rows together and am deciding on borders.  Between CWBOW and 8 hours of Downton Abbey now you know why I didn't blog last weekend LOL!

Here are some of the blocks I made:
For one of the corner blocks I repeated the North Star block
Christmas Star



New York
Grapes of Wrath
Yankee Puzzle
West Virginia
As soon as I decide on the borders, I post the finished top.  I just love this quilt.  I think it is one of my absolute favorites and I can't wait to get it completely finished and quilted.   

Well now that it's well into January, I am, of course, already behind on quilt projects I want to do.  Sinta and Sherri are hosting Another Year of Schnibbles and I am joining in again to make these fun quilts.  For January, the pattern is "Full House" and I'm using some hoarded French General charm packs to make mine.  


 I also signed up for Judy at Patchwork Times' 2012 UFO Challenge. I had a dismal completion rate last year so I hope to improve this year by working on the same list.  For January, the UFO is number 5 on the list which is my "Stars of Provence" quilt. Here is one of the blocks I finished back in the Paleolithic era February 2007.  Now I just need to figure out where I left off nearly 5 years ago!!!

6 comments:

Michele said...

Great blocks! I love New York! I'm going to yet started on my Schnibbles soon too.

dortha said...

I like your ufo that you are going to get back to. I think you will be glad when you get it finished. I am trying to finish one from 2-3 years ago also. Wish me luck.

Cathi said...

We got absolutely hooked on Downton Abbey last weekend too and can't wait to see the first episode of Season 2!!
Beautiful blocks - glad you had a 4-day weekend and got some time to relax.

a good yarn said...

A four day weekend spent like that is a real treat! Your CW blocks look terrific. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Schnibbles have been so popular and your choice is just the ticket. ann :-)

Andrea said...

The second series of Downton is brilliant. We have just had the Christmas Special too so keep an eye out for that. Was the only programme I watched this Christmas xx

Needled Mom said...

I cannot wait for Season 2. I checked our PBS schedule, but it isn't on in our area. ;(

Great looking CW blocks!